January is always a cold season. If you don’t live in Seattle (or if you haven’t visited Seattle during January), you probably get a lot of snow or you live in the desert where it’s really nice and warm all the time. Seattle is sort of like a freezer during January: it just freezes. Sure, I’ve worn my PJs inside out and done all those weird things to make it snow (and for the record, it’s never actually worked for me), but everything just freezes instead. So, how can you be prepared?
- Own lots of sweaters
- Sweaters won’t be enough though….so make sure you have lots of layers (i.e. t-shirts, vests, etc.)
- Wear boots: they have good grip and they’re really warm
- Invest in a couple pairs of fuzzy socks (technically you should already own a few pairs)
- Use tech gloves (…texting + gloves = happy teenager)
- Drink tea…and bring it with you in a reusable tumbler!
- Collect a supply of hand warmers
- Buy a towel to wipe off your car (because I hate it when my back windshield is frosty)
- Wear lots of scarves (fashionable and warm)
- Find DIY projects to keep yourself busy while inside the house
Sorry for the recent lack of posts! I’ve had midterms and no free time until now….Unfortunately, there won’t be too many posts next week either as I’m going on a class trip for a few days.