For many people, self-improvement is at the top of their New Year resolution lists and it’s not something that’s too hard to keep up with. Some self-improvement ideas can include making a new friend or trying to be a little healthier, or they can be as simple as:
- Smiling: you only live once
- Reading more often
- Becoming more confident: easier said than done, but it’s worth the try. At least pretend that you’re confident, even when you aren’t.
- Speaking up: be heard
- Reminding people who you love them
- Random Acts of Kindness
- Staying in touch: make new friends, but keep the old!
- Giving thanks to those around you
- Drinking more tea
- Listening to happy music in the morning to start the day in a positive mood
I’d like to assume that most people do at least one or two of the ideas above on a daily basis already, and even if you don’t, the new year is the perfect time to bring out the new you! Don’t go overboard and completely change yourself because then you wouldn’t be staying true to yourself. Little changes like smiling or reminding a close friend that you love them can brighten someone’s day and you don’t have to go through a major transformation. Change your actions rather than your appearance!